Sunday, March 06, 2011

What was to be a quiet weekend...

All was going well.  We, the girls, were having a quiet weekend at the cottage.  On Sunday, we headed out to the ski hill as usual.  Cara-Li takes snowboarding lessons on Sundays.

Here's a clip:


As you noticed, I turned off the video as I didn't want to crash and kill myself.

But here is the aftermath...


Seconds after I turned off the video, Cara-Li crashed and well, broke her arm!  Yup.  I thought it was your usual minor fall but no.  After I realized that she was not moving and holding her elbow, I knew something was wrong.  The ski patrol was called and she was taken down in a toboggan.  Now remember.  I am alone.  Alexia is in the daycare and Gord is in Toronto.  Cara-Li's arm was put in a sling with ice and I rushed off with the two girls in tow to make our way back to town.  A quick stop at the cottage to shut her down, a couple of phone calls to find a place to drop off Alexia once in town and then we were on our way to the ER at the Montreal Children's.  Four hours after the accident, we arrived.  Poor little thing was in pain.  Once they realized it was broken, they gave her morphine for the pain and put a cast on.  She was so brave!  Yah, so a quiet weekend it was not!  Oh, and did I mention that Gord was not impressed?


4 comments:

4D said...

Poor Bunny!! I hope she is not in pain and heals up quick.

Keep smilin!

Julie said...

Ouch. Poor thing.
At least her friends at school will think her cast is cool ... :o)

Monica et Milie said...

OMG pauvre Cora-Li, j'espère qu'elle s'en remettra vite!!!

Bon week-end!

Monica:-)

Wanda said...

Oh.....so not fun. (For the record - you did a great job!!)

Hope Cara-lu's arm heals quickly.