Sunday, April 03, 2011

A little surprise visit

We had a last minute visit from our favorite cousins from Ontario this weekend and the kids were thrilled!  Unfortunately, Cara-Li was away at a sleepover birthday party on Saturday night but that didn't stop the rest of us from enjoying their presence.  We went out for a late afternoon stroll and early dinner in Chinatown.  It was great fun, I must say.  We did a little shopping and for a little moment, I felt like I was in China again!  If only...





Now the reason for their visit was to go to the cabane à sucre which here in Quebec is a very serious event.  I have to go at least once a year to get my fill of every maple syrup and then I am good for quite some time.  Same this year.  I over-indulged and that I was going to explode the entire day.  After lunch, we went for a horse-drawn carriage ride around the property, followed by a petting farm and a bunch of other great activities.  Thanks N, C and D for visiting us and for making this an extra special weekend!  See you again soon!






No comments: