Thursday, March 22, 2012

A tribute

It has taken me until now to muster up the energy to come back to this blog.  You see, one week ago, we celebrated the life of my dear brother-in-law who was taken away from us so suddenly at such a young age on Sunday, March 11th. Since then, we have been going through the motions of what we call normal life, but man, this has proven to be extremely tough.  I am fragile, emotionally fragile.  But it is not about me.  It is about a wife, 2 sons, parents and 4 siblings he has left behind.  How do they go on without Gary in their lives?  Without ever seeing his smile, hearing his laughter, seeing him react to things in his usual nonchalant way.  Gary has left a huge hole in our lives and in our hearts which will take an extremely long time to heal.  Thankfully we have many, many wonderful memories of this gentle and kind man that was put on this earth to enrich all of our lives.  For this, I am thankful.  I am thankful that he was part of my life.  My sweet Gary, may you rest in peace... until we meet again.  I love you with all my heart!




3 comments:

deb_cody_Niki said...

Thanks Susie, you explained exactly how I feel. It's comforting to know that I am not the only one walking about this earth, just going throught the motions. I have a sense of what Brenday and the boys are going through. They are the ones that woke up to him everyday and had daily contact. I still cannot believe that he is gone. It hurts so much! Deb

Mary, Eric and Penelope said...

Oh Susan, Grief is a terrible thing, the worst pain. I wish you courage and strength. You may feel fragile, but i read strength in your words, the strength to face grief and loss head on. Time will help you heal and accept the pain and you will be left only with the love you feel for your brother-in-law. Big hug.

Monica et Milie said...

C'est très triste de partir à cette âge!!!

Je vous offres mes sincères sympathies à toi et votre famille!

Monica xx