Saturday, October 30, 2010

October Review

I know, I know.  I haven't posted in forever!  And I have only our new computer to blame.  I just can't get things to work like they used to.  That will be one of my New Year's resolutions.  Getting my electronic life in order...

But for now, here is what we were up to in October.

We made our usual trip west on the 401 to Guelph, Ontario for Thanksgiving with Gord's family.  Besides eating turkey, which is definitely a highlight of the weekend, we spent lots of times with the girls's younger cousins, C and N.  The weather was beautiful so most of it was spent outdoors.  This year's activities included Strom's Farm and Yee Haw Adventure Farm (extremely hokey but so, so much fun!).  Thanks Uncle D for finding these places!


The Quartet!


Girls Only Club


Rubber Duckie Races.  Who will win?


The annual pumpkin patch pic.


Panning for gold


Sitting around waiting for I don't know what.


Ooo.  Another pumpkin patch!


The kids coming out of the Corn Maze.  Do you know how difficult it is to keep track of 4 kids in a corn maze?


Holy Wall of Fame.


Back at the Holiday Inn for lots of swimming.


Also every October, the cottage needs maintenance.  More specifically, raking up a gazillion leaves.  In the 10 some years we've had this cottage, I've always managed to NOT do any of it.  My poor friend L somehow always manages to do it all with Gord.  But this year, I went out with the girls and guess what?  It was actually fun!


Only in Canada do kids use now shovels to pick up the leaves!


And do we use a child to compact them into a recycling bin!


And do we wheel the bins down the road and dump them into the woods.  What?  It's called composting!  The wind better not blow our way!



No comments: