Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Milano

And after 4 days of drinking and eating and sleepin a little, I was off once again this time to Milan.  This is where the work came into play on this trip  :)

I was headed off to visit a show that was geared to restaurants and hotels.  My main interest was the coffee pavillions of which there were 2.  And it took me 2 days to get through them.  This show is huge!!! 

I did take some to time to sightsee and shop of course.  The Duomo is the landmark of Milan so that was stop number one.  Also, a quick stop on the roof as it is amazing up there but the day I was visiting, it was raining a little so not quite as delightful as it had been 16 years ago.  I also managed to get a ticket to see The Last Supper by Leonard Da Vinci.  What a score!  15 minutes with the famous painting.  Also visited La Scala Theatre but was not able to get any tickets for any opera.  Next time.  There was some art thing going on in the city.  Giant painted elephants.  So I had fun trying to find them as I toured around the city.

A great trip all in all, but after 10 days away from home, I was dying to get back home to my girls!


The Duomo

On the rooftop of the Duomo


A cool statue inside the Duomo.






The Duomo at night.


Area surrounding the Duomo.


The Galleria (shopping mecca)


Cool coffee cup display at the tradeshow


A gimormous coffee roaster!

No comments: