Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Rome

It was decided very last minute that I was to go to Italy for 10 days.  Poor me  :)  Well, in fact, I went for work purposes but seeing that I had not been there in 16 years, I went to spend some time with my family in Northern Italy.  And since I had a supplier in Rome, I made a pit stop there too!

So first off, Rome for 2 days.  I was picked up at the airport by my coffee supplier who then took me to visit his present factory and then his new one.  He then dropped me off at my hotel to settle in but of course, I did not stay there long.  I needed to get out there and explore!  My hotel was just around the corner form the Colisseum so I grabbed my camera and headed off by foot.  I explored the area a little and made a plan for the next day.  Later that evening, I went out for a typical Roman dinner with my supplier and thenit was pass out time.  Jet-lag had finally gotten the best of me. 

The next day, I purchased a hop-on, hop-off bus  pass on a double decker bus and made my way around town with that.  These are some of the stops I made.  My time in Rome was very short so I chose to not visit any museums or any of the sorts.  Will save that for my next trip.  I chose to ride the bus and just walk through all the neighborhoods and just simply hang.  Loved Rome!  Can't wait to go back...



Colisseum


Colisseum area


Colisseum area

 

St. Peter's Basilica


The Vatican

 


Trevi Fountain





Piazza Navona


Spanish Steps

No comments: