Sunday, October 23, 2011

Trento

After my 2 day jaunt in Rome, I grabbed a high-speed train for a 4-hour ride and headed off to Trento in Northern Italy where all my family is.  I was picked up by my cousins and whisked off to dinner.  It had been a while since I last saw them so we had lots of catching up to do.  Also, it was my first trip back to my parents' home town that I did not have a place to stay.  We used to have my grandparents, house but that had been sold some years ago  :(  So I was going to spend my stay at my aunt's house.  Very nice.  I had my own 2 bedroom apartment!  Mental note... must come back with Gord and the girls...  There is something about this sleepy town of 400 people.  I get sucked in everytime!  I am such a country girl at heart.  I would be able to live that lifestyle no problem!  There is nothing wrong with waking up and seeing the Alps from your bedroom window. 



The town church

 

Directions to all the neighboring towns.

 

View from my bedroom


View from the living room.


Neighboring area


Mountain flowers.

 

Castel Thun


Snow!

No comments: